photo IGuessImDueHeader_zpsf5bf262b.png

 photo HOME_zpse253fae6.png  photo QUOTES_zpsfcec6817.png  photo ABOUT_zps522622e8.png  photo SUBMIT_zps6e5d1922.png  photo ADVERTISE_zpsabad9bf7.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png

Friday, May 30, 2014

baby fat

I love fat babies. Not just the ones with big cheeks, but the whole enchilada. That’s right, pudgy legs, rolls on the arms, a squishy belly, I love it all! After two chunkers of my own and then a chubby nephew, I've come to accept that rollie pollie babies are just in my genes. However, that wasn't always the case. You see, for almost two years I was in complete denial that my son, Jakson was ever a chunky baby...  


I remember taking Jakson for a walk in the stroller when he was about 1 month old. On my way out, I decided to stop by the leasing office to visit a lady that worked there to show off my cute baby. When the woman took her first look at my baby she blurted, “Girl, you’ve got a fat baby!” Wait, did she say fat?! I remember leaving there and thinking that she obviously had no idea what a fat baby looked like. My baby was NOT fat! 

People would tell me here and there how cute his rolls were and asked how on earth I could hold him because he looked so heavy. Was that suppose to be a compliment?! My mother in law would always tell me, “I can't believe how chunky he is. It must be his mommy’s super milk!” I just didn’t see it. Months, actually I think it was more like 2 years later, I was looking through one of Jakson's baby books and it hit me...my son was a fat baby! Why didn’t I see it before?! 
This whole time he was a chubster, but I saw him as my cute, squishy, cuddly, baby boy. I should have seen it though, at four weeks he weighed a whopping 11 pounds, 16 weeks he came in at 17.9 pounds, and by the time he was 6 months he was already 21 pounds! But, as a mom I chose to see my baby in a different light then the world around, I call it my “mommy goggles”. 



Whether our babies have crazy hair (because my two girls did) long lanky legs, monkey toes, or big ears, they’re absolutely perfect, baby fat and all! 

And, don’t worry, if you have a chunky baby, I found that at about year three they begin to slim down.

No comments:

Post a Comment