photo IGuessImDueHeader_zpsf5bf262b.png

 photo HOME_zpse253fae6.png  photo QUOTES_zpsfcec6817.png  photo ABOUT_zps522622e8.png  photo SUBMIT_zps6e5d1922.png  photo ADVERTISE_zpsabad9bf7.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png

Friday, August 1, 2014

A Little R & R

Let’s face it, being a mom is a 24/7 job. It's hard. It's exhausting. It's draining. That’s why making sure you set time away for yourself is very important. Taking the time to clear your mind, gather your thoughts, breathe, and relax- alone, only makes you a better mom.

This past week I was able to get away for a few days and travel to California to visit some of my best girlfriends. It's very rare that I get away for a night, and getting away for four days, that’s basically unheard of. But, with the help of my amazing husband and family, we all worked together to make this happen! Yes, it took an army of people, careful planning, and meticulous organizing, to be able to leave behind my three kids and husband, but it was well worth it.

For four days I relaxed. I forgot what it was like to only have to worry about myself. The first day was strange. I felt out of my element. You see, every waking moment at home I am “Mom”. That means I am constantly going, doing something for someone. But on my trip, I was just, "Ester". I did things that I never get to do for myself. Simple things like, taking a long shower, alone. I took a nap. I curled up on the couch in the middle of the day and watched grown up TV. I read a book. I sat down. And, I had complete, uninterrupted thoughts (okay, and maybe we squeezed in a little Joan Rivers too).
This trip helped me remember what it was like to have spontaneous fun. We blasted N’Sync and Spice Girls and jammed out like our college days. I laughed to the point of tears as we joked around and reminisced about old times.
And four days later, I am refreshed and renewed. I'm ready to take on the world again! Okay maybe just my little world, but still. Here's the deal, every mom needs time away for themselves. You deserve it. So make the effort at least once a year to leave behind your work, your world and just be you. And when you return to your sweet babies you’ll be ready for whatever lies ahead...chaos and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment