photo IGuessImDueHeader_zpsf5bf262b.png

 photo HOME_zpse253fae6.png  photo QUOTES_zpsfcec6817.png  photo ABOUT_zps522622e8.png  photo SUBMIT_zps6e5d1922.png  photo ADVERTISE_zpsabad9bf7.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png

Friday, September 5, 2014

our intro to solid foods

If you happened to read my last post, the nap monster, I mentioned that around four months Abram was definitely not earning a gold star when it came to napping.  Thus, by five months, I figured I hadn't tried everything to help him sleep until I tried feeding him solid foods.  Maybe that was the issue, he wasn't sleeping because he was hungry and needed more than breastmilk--it made total sense!  So, I decided to introduce rice cereal.  

A couple days into his new diet he still wasn't napping, but he seemed to be enjoying this new experience!  I was a little bummed (especially since it didn't help with the sleeping issue) that we didn't wait until six months to start solid foods because that was my goal, but on the other hand I was excited for another fun thing to do with my little man.  I waited a couple of weeks before introducing vegetables to Abram, but when I did he absolutely loved it.  We started with green beans, then worked our way through peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, and avocados.  We then moved onto fruit: apples, bananas, peaches, and pears.  Needless to say, eating took on a whole new level of excitement with all of the new flavors and textures!  There is nothing greater than to watch his facial expressions when introducing him to a new food.  He is so funny!

Abram has now been eating solids for about two months and it is a really fun part of our day.  We typically eat breakfast and lunch together everyday and we have a great time--lots of "yummy yummy" talk and green bean covered smiles! :)



When did you introduce solid foods?  Was it a good or bad experience?  We would love to hear from you! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment