photo IGuessImDueHeader_zpsf5bf262b.png

 photo HOME_zpse253fae6.png  photo QUOTES_zpsfcec6817.png  photo ABOUT_zps522622e8.png  photo SUBMIT_zps6e5d1922.png  photo ADVERTISE_zpsabad9bf7.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png  photo IGUESSIDO_zpsda2b0c7d.png

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

My Wild (library) Card Adventures

A good friend once told me, “The third child is a wild card.” Ain’t that the truth! Raina, our “wild card” always seems to be the one stirring up some sort of trouble.
Just the other day I decided to take the kids on field trip to the library. In theory, it sounded like a great idea. Who doesn’t love a quiet afternoon reading books and playing educational games on the computers, right?! We walked in and Raina made a bee line for the computer station. As soon as she sat down that's when the I Guess Im Due moments broke loose. Raina instantly began banging on the keyboard repeatedly. I quickly moved it away. Then the crying started as Raina demanded the keyboard back. I removed her away from the computer station, kicking and screaming, as other library goers tried not to stare. To my unfortunate luck, this all happened two more times. Finally, after what seemed like the longest ten minutes of my life, I was able to take control of the situation and distract Raina with some trusty lift the flap books. 
After we checked out our books and made our way to the exit, one of the Librarian’s stopped me. Great, she's going to ask us to never return! “I noticed your little one reading some of the board books. We have a surplus inventory of children’s books right now. Could I send some home with you to keep?” Hmmm...so either this lady feels really bad for me, or she’s trying to overload us with books so we don’t return for a very long time. Either way, I smiled and said, “Wow, that’s really nice of you. We’d love that, thank you!” 

As we walked out to our car with our hands literally over flowing with books, Jakson says to me, “Whew! Mommy, we won’t be taking Raina back to the library for a long time, will we?!” Yes son, you’re right, the library probably won’t be graced with Raina’s wild presence for awhile!

And the crazy thing is, I know this is only the beginning of what's to come with little Raina's wild card personality...
P.S.- my sincere apologies to any patron’s that may have witnessed my daughter’s meltdown’s that day at the Venice Library.

No comments:

Post a Comment